Over the years, trends have estimated the influence of instruction design on learning. Instructional design refers to the experiences which make the acquisition of knowledge and skill more efficient, effective, and appealing. It is a whole process which consists broadly of determining the state and needs of the learner, defining the end goal of instruction, and creating some “intervention” to assist in the transition.
Things it includes primarily are: Frequent questionnaires; Self- paced learning, immediate feedback and continuous assessments. It also leads to virtual workplaces, social learning, Competency based education as well as personalized learning.
How it all came about
Thus, this relation itself explained the additional advantages of Instruction design other than just seeking knowledge through an online platform. As a matter of fact, it is also an integral component of Training Management System (TMS).
As an example let us look at the systematic connection between learning and the the instruction part through the practice of ID through the sequence of steps from one to the other.
- Gaining attention
- Informing learners of objectives
- Stimulating recall of prior learning
- Presenting the stimulus
- Providing learning guidance
- Eliciting performance
- Providing feedback
- Assessing performance & enhancing retention transfer rate.
The concept of Instruction design had been introduced decades ago.
- When digital media was not a platform for learning, instruction design was used for the prominently used devices such as: Pen & Paper; Books and Newspaper; Planner/ Agenda; Face to Face networks; Instructional design models. Consequently, the antiquated tools on these were informative for the learners and guided them to put their thoughts and brainstormed ideas into a piece of paper.
- Since online portals have been launched, ID has revolutionized the world of online learning. Additionally, deeper internet penetration, better bandwidths and rise of social media made online learning a viable, economical and effective medium as it provided realistic learning experiences.
How we solve the problem
Stratbeans’ products such as Articulate Storyline are making it possible for trainers to create the learning content in various flexible formats, similarly products such as Atum Testpad are using artificial intelligence to create intelligent Learning Management System for insightful learning ecosystem. In conclusion, new products like Mobius App also ensure effective learning and training for users through offline learning.